During a face-to-face class the instructors will be aware of what is going on in the room and manage the health and safety risks, allowing you to train safely. However when training at home the instructor will have a limited understanding of a students surroundings. To keep your home training environment safe we recommend that you:
- Train in an area free from obstacles. The bigger the area the better, but at minimum you need to be able to do a big step forward, backward and each side without hitting any obstacles.
- Train on a non-slip surface.
- Keep your training area free from items which you might slip on or trip over.
- Keep some water nearby to rehydrate during breaks (but not in a place where you could knock it over).
- If you have an injury or other medical condition then be mindful of what exercises might impact this. If you’re not sure then ask the instructor for guidance, do a different exercise, or take a break – all of these are better than aggravating an injury or medical condition putting you at more harm.
- If you are under the age of 16, then please make sure that a parent or guardian who is able to supervise you is nearby enough to help keep you safe.
Please also read and agree to the below legal waiver before participating in any online classes:
I confirm that in taking part in these online classes I am over the age of 16 or, that I am a parent or guardian responsible for the supervision of class participants under the age of 16 (minors). I confirm that I am solely responsible for my health and safety during the online class, and where I am a parent or guardian responsible for the supervision of minors during the online class, I hold sole responsibility for ensuring the health and safety of such minors during the online class. I, and any minor for whom I am responsible, take these online classes at my own risk and I understand that they may be physically strenuous, and I voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury. I also understand that the Instructors in online classes cannot see class participants or guide class participants during classes. I therefore take full responsibility for my actions and the actions of any minors for which I am responsible during the class. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Kuk Sool Won of Erith shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss, damage, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by me or any minor in my care, except in the case of death or personal injury caused by Kuk Sool Won of Erith’s negligence or fraud.