Our Junior class is aimed at children from 8 to 12 years old. Many think of martial arts training as simply physical fitness or learning self-defence. Whilst these are part of the training, we also have a strong focus teaching on etiquette and respect, and building the confidence of our students.
Benefits your child may get from this class are:
- Developing self-esteem and confidence
- Self-control and respectful behaviours
- Developing a sense of enjoyment from learning
- Encourage teamwork, social skills, and building friendships
- Improved coordination, balance and stamina
Supporting a childs growth often requires teamwork. Whilst this is often between parents, grandparents, school teachers or other family friends, martial arts instructors can also be part of your team. If you have particular goals in mind for your child (eg building confidence and social skills) please let us know so we can tailor our approach to best help and support your childs development.
Find Out More »
Our Youth classes are aimed at teenagers (aged 13 to 17 years old). The way teenagers interact with the world changes as they grow up. As such we seek to expand on the concepts of etiquette, respect and self-confidence (as taught in our Junior lessons) to include topics such as leadership, social responsibility and mental wellbeing.
Benefits you or your teenager may get from this class are:
- Improved leadership and a sense of responsibility
- Developing an ability to set realistic goals to build and maintain confidence
- Peaceful conflict resolution skills, whilst retaining an ability to defend themselves
- Developing emotional resilience, mental wellbeing skills, and widening your social circle
- Improved fitness, flexibility, and coordination
We recognise that as teenagers often grow and develop more when they are challenged. As such we take a flexible approach to our Youth training, with students being invited to train with the Adults when they are ready. Because our adult classes are longer, more physically demanding, and more technically detailed than the Junior classes this can provide a more challenging environment for our Youth students to thrive in. When a student integrates with the Adult class is on a case-by-case basis – some will be ready at 13-14 years old, others may not be ready until they are 16 or 17 years old. The reason for this is that whilst we want to challenge our students so they get the most out of their training, pushing someone too far can lead to a negative response which is counter-productive to personal growth. Please contact us to find out more about this.
Find Out More »
We welcome all ages and abilities to our club. We will guide you every step of the way, regardless of if you are a complete beginner or have prior martial arts experience. Many adults start martial arts with a particular goal in mind – if you do then please let us know so we can tailor our approach so you get the best out of your martial arts journey.
Benefits you may get from this class are:
- Improved fitness and an increase in energy
- Develop strength, flexibility and muscle tone
- Reduce stress and improved mental wellbeing skills
- Self-defence skills and confidence
- Meet new people
We are a family orientated club and recognise that for some parents the most important part of their martial arts journey is sharing that experience with their children. As such we do allow parents to join our Junior & Youth classes. Please ask for more information about how this works.
Find Out More »